The Alliance of Bioversity International and the International Center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT) delivers research-based solutions that harness agricultural biodiversity and sustainably transform food systems to improve people’s lives. The Alliance solutions address the global crises of malnutrition, climate change, biodiversity loss, and environmental degradation (https://alliancebioversityciat.org/ ).
With novel partnerships, the Alliance generates evidence and mainstreams innovations to transform food systems and landscapes so that they sustain the planet, drive prosperity, and nourish people.
The Alliance a member of the CGIAR Consortium (www.cgiar.org )a global research partnership for a food-secure future.
The CGIAR Hub for Sustainable Finance (OneSF)
The CGIAR Hub for Sustainable Finance (or OneSF), was established in 2022 to leverage the CGIAR scientific expertise and extensive network to accompany private investors through the transition to sustainable and climate resilient food, water, and land systems. The OneSF mission is to address the barriers and bottlenecks that prevent finance flowing responsibly and ethically to solutions tackling this transition in the Global South. The OneSF has three impact pathways; IP1) co-design and influence investments with public and private investors; IP2) strengthen project pipeline development and enable inclusive finance; IP3) improve the evidence of sustainable financing at all levels that contribute to transforming the financial ecosystem.
The Senior Associate - Program Communication, reporting to the Communications Senior Manager, leads strategic communication planning and coordination of external and internal communications, and knowledge management plans for positioning the OneSF’s mission and impact pathways among priority stakeholders. The Senior Associate – Program Communication is a member of the Alliance Global Communications team and works to provide strategic communications support to program leads and researchers in communicating accomplishments, ongoing research efforts, and sharing knowledge products of OneSF to a wide variety of audiences. Working closely with the Digital and Internal Communications team and Publications, Brand and Graphic Design Team, the Senior Associate Program Communication provides advice and guidance on narratives, content production and outreach opportunities. The Senior Associate - Program Communication will also liaise with the CGIAR’s Communications & Outreach, and Partnerships & Advocacy relevant units and team members.
- Lead the implementation of the internal and external strategy, the communication and knowledge management plans and activities to position OneSF’s narrative and impact pathways.
- Oversee, produce, and manage the development of OneSF’s communications and knowledge products (stories, releases, blogs, videos, podcasts, digital content, publications, and etcetera.)
- Ensure participation in major events (CBD, UNFCCC, etc.), with an emphasis on positioning OneSF’s mission and sharing knowledge with stakeholders and priority audiences.
- Coordinate global and regional actions with the Alliance Global and Regional communications officers(Africa, Asia, Latin America) and with CGIAR Outreach & Communications, and Partnerships and Advocacy units and team members.
- Contribute to the design and organization of high-level strategic meetings, knowledge management, and capacity building workshops, seminars, and events.
- Provide advice on external communications opportunities and issues related to OneSF’s mission.
- Contribute to the production of Alliance’s multimedia content, such as stories, videos, podcasts, awareness-raising materials, research briefs and reports, digital products, and capacity building tools.
- achelor’s degree in communications, external affairs or marketing with experience working in interdisciplinary programs related to agriculture, environment and development studies preferred.
- Professional specialization or equivalent, Master’s Degree desirable
- Minimum 3 years of work experience of relevant professional experience in similar roles with proven capacity for program communications coordination and knowledge management.
- Experience in the design and deployment of communications strategies and plans using different media to target a wide range of audiences.
- Broad understanding of sustainable finance.
- Knowledge of international development field is highly preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of MS office applications, especially Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel, and ability to learn new applications quickly.
- Ability to create engaging digital content for use on social media platforms to a high standard, using platforms like Canva, Adobe Creative Cloud, Headliner etc.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with different CMS, including Drupal and WordPress.
- Experience with photography and/or videography desirable.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Demonstrate initiative and creativity in reaching and enthusing new and existing stakeholders and working in a multi-stakeholder environment.
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision, but also participate as a team member in the accomplishment of duties.
- Well-developed organization skills with the ability to deliver on-time and manage numerous tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to relate positively and to engage with a wide range of people.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize between tasks with excellent record keeping and data management skills.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and communicate effectively with scientists and interdisciplinary teams.
This is a nationally recruited position based in Nairobi, Kenya. The contract will be for a one- year period, subject to a probation period of three (3)months and is renewable depending on performance and availability of resources. The Alliance offers a multicultural, collegial research environment with competitive salary and excellent benefits; we believe that the diversity of our staff contributes to excellence. The Alliance is an equal opportunity employer and strives for staff diversity in gender and nationality.