Twiga is a B2B e-commerce company that builds fair and reliable markets for agricultural producers, food manufacturers and retailers based on transparency and efficiency. Our Mission is to build a closed ecosystem for the African retail, anchored on affordable access to food and grocery across urban cities. Our Ambition is to leverage technology, the ubiquity of mobile phones, modern distribution and logistics to modernize African retail.
Strategy Associate Vacancy
The role holder will be supporting Twiga with strategy planning and management and enabling data-driven decision making. S/he will also lead the Market Intelligence team in providing research/data and actionable insights on market opportunities.
Strategy Planning and Management
- Prepare decks and reports that articulate strategy; translate complex concepts and analyses into clear and simple presentations.
- Develop structures/frameworks to understand business problems and think through ideas and initiatives critically to solve the problems.
- Support the Head of Strategy and Insights in driving strategy planning and management processes for management and respective departments.
- Support the Head of Strategy & Insights in crafting and conveying Twiga’s equity story and strategic narratives to engage investors.
- Support the Head of Strategy & Insights in driving results for expansion projects, developing and executing country-level strategies and setting up market opening for new countries.
Market Research and Analysis
- Lead the Market Intelligence team to collect and analyze data on business opportunities, customers, competitors, products and prices; design quantitative and qualitative market research projects to address business needs and provide actionable insights.
- Design and drive results for market research projects, collecting data from the filed and preparing reports.
- Lead a team of highly motivated and competent individuals.
- Model Twiga’s culture and way of working and inculcating this within the team.
- Deliver the performance objectives. Participate in monthly 1-on-1 performance reviews with line manager, and institute corrective action where performance falls below expectation.
- Proactively manage own learning and development
- Adhere to the annual leave plan agreed with the line manager
- Adhere to people management polices
- Comply with all organization policies, procedures, and statutory guidelines. Minimize and mitigate risks to the organization and enforce zero-tolerance to non-compliance.
- Close gaps/lapses identified as an outcome of audits; risk and/or any other compliance review; investigations; or other assessment mechanisms and take corrective/preventive actions within the agreed timelines.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Business Administration, or other relevant fields
- Have a valid certificate of good conduct.
- Two or more years of experience in Management Consulting or Corporate Strategy – preference for experience in top global consulting firms and/or multinational corporates
- Outstanding quantitative/qualitative analysis and critical thinking skills, with emphasis on strategic thinking and creativity to solve complex problems
- Excellent command of Excel and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of quantitative and qualitative data collection methods (surveys, polls, focus groups, etc.)
- Highest standards of quality in delivering work