The Alliance of Bioversity International and CIAT seeks a Scientist I to join the Food Environment and Consumer Behavior (FECB) team in Vietnam. The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating and conducting research on food systems, collaborating in fundraising activities, ensuring integration with public and private stakeholders and decision makers in compliance with research priorities and the FECB strategy in Vietnam and across the region. The position will report to the FECB research director and FECB team leader in Asia. This position will be based in Hanoi, Vietnam.
- Lead and/or contribute actively to the delivery of research outputs in the FECB Asia team including research products (i.e., working papers, scientific articles, reports, etc.);
- Co-design research activities and manage them in concert with the global FECB program strategy and priorities, ensure research coordination and quality and timely delivery of results;
- Support the FECB team leader in Asia in stakeholder engagement in Vietnam (public and private) ensuring high quality research is shared in a timely and understandable manner with key decisionmakers on topics relevant to food environment and consumer behavior;
- Manage local research partners engagement and contracts in Vietnam;
- Facilitate or organize cross team research collaboration in the Alliance of Bioversity International and CIAT and, where relevant, engage in collaboration with targeted OneCG initiatives active in Asia;
- Supervise and provide guidance to research staff, other team members, and partners on research strategies, projects and deliverables;
- Contribute to fund raising activities.