Out of a small trial project growing tomatoes, the concept of AAA Growers was born. Initially, setup in conjunction with the lending arm of the World Bank, the International Finance Corporation (IFC), as a micro finance orientated project, today, AAA Growers is one of the leading exporters of premium & prepared vegetables from Kenya.
The company currently harvests 30 MT of gross products a day and exports annually over 4,000 Mt of fresh produce by air all over Europe and South Africa to leading retailers. The company grew from its single production site to four sites, and now cultivates nearly 650 hectares of arable land from its in house production alone, and boasts four custom-built food processing factories. In total, AAA Growers employ over 3,500 workers spread across four geographical locations in Kenya; and approximately 70% of the workers are women.
About the Role
The position entails the key roles of service delivery and selling quality products to clients to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Taking orders, passing them on to the respective persons and preparing availabilities for clients.
- Advising the Supply Chain Manager on any arising pack house issuesin relation t o production to meet daily orders
- Daily confirmation of orders to all clients by sending pack plans across to different clients.
- Liaise with clients on day to day adjustment on orders
- Preparation/analysing of salesreports I trends to assist management in decision making,
- Generate weekly packaging requirements from orders received and ensure any change/promos are clearly communicated to the packaging team in time,
- Ensure all the documents are emailed to the clients the day of the shipment date.
- Send to clients the shipping agent’s flight confirmation and inform them of any delays, cancellation of flights or any other changes verbally and in writing.
- Follow up on client's portfolio payment and receive debtor's weekly report.
- Make sure all prices are updated as per the season and clients.
- To optimise quality of service, business growth e.g. by anticipating about their orders and suggesting promotions.
- Develop strategies for more effective sales, both individually and as part of a team
- Maintain optimum communication and relation with clients to extend customer lifetime value
- Initiate and develop a strong relationship with customers e.g. advise on appropriate purchase options
- Determine customers' needs and collect customer feedback in relation to flower orders
- Brief the sales team, Commercial Manager, and Finance & Planning Director on any important matters arising from daily communication with clients,
- Promote new product, commercial trials and develop sales volume in kilos, prices and turnover.
- Ensure Weekly Availability are sent to Clients based on their purchasing patterns to enable better order
- Holder of a Degree /diploma in business/ floriculture or related field.
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience in sales and marketing, and has thorough product(flowers) knowledge
- Excellent computer skills, proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook, and familiarity with industry ERP systems
- Knowledge and exposure on Export regulations- added advantage