The Quality Food Safety (QFS) Interns will have the opportunity to apply what they have learned in school through various projects and Implementation of standards, procedures and systems related to all aspects of quality, food safety,
The QFS Interns will have opportunities to work independently as well as within groups where they will be challenged to develop solutions to real workplace challenges. In addition to gaining work experiences that have a direct impact to our business, they will also have the opportunity grow their professional network during this internship experience.
- Assist in quality assessment and evaluation during intake of products: Intaking products that are meeting quality standards and specifications.
- Facilitate positive release of products into the market.
- Instituting measures that aim to reduce product losses across the value chain.
- Investigating customer complaints on quality issues and taking part in the implementation of corrective actions.
- Implementation of quality procedures and standards to ensure compliance.
- Verify that products are meeting the food safety guidelines at intake and during dispatch.
- Confirm the implementation of the prerequisite programs at the workplace.
- Implementation of the food safety procedures and standards to ensure compliance.
- Investigating customer complaints on Food Safety issues and taking part in the implementation of corrective actions.
Health and Safety and Environment
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment. Safety is prioritized and adherence to HSE Standards to ensure compliance and confirm that waste management practises are implemented.
- Report all the work-place incidences, LTIs, Nearmisses, Unsafe Acts and Unsafe Conditions are within 24 hrs and take part in implementation of corrective actions to avoid recurrence.
- Participate in the closure of HSE Audit gaps.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited university or college obtaining a bachelor's degree program in Food Science and Technology or a closely related field.
- Have a working knowledge of MS-Office Applications such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Be an inquisitive individual with a desire to learn, possessing a long-term desire to work in the food and quality assurance or HSE space
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and completeness, and a commitment to producing high-quality deliverables.