Twiga Foods is looking for suitable candidates to fill the position of a Mechanization and Engineering Manager. The role holder will be accountable for all mechanized operations, management of the centre pivot irrigation for all crops grown on 500 ha of irrigated land and ensuring all farm equipment is maintained and kept in good working order.
Providing precision machinery and irrigation service to the crop managers for production of year round, to attain the highest crop yield of high quality fresh Red Onion, Tomatoes and Water melon in line with Twiga Foods Limited product demand planning
- Coordination of all mechanised operations from cultivations, planting, fertilizer application, crop protection products through to mechanised harvesting
- Maintenance of centre pivots and irrigation equipment and fabrication of necessary equipment for farm operations.
- Timely preventative maintenance and repairs of all farm equipment, focused on machinery being available at the correct timings for crop production and post harvest farm operations.
- Training and development of operators on problem identification and reporting with all machinery.
- Training and development of the tractor and machinery operations team and the workshop and machinery operation team for continual professional improvement.
- Working closely with the Twiga Value Chain experts for all crops to produce a world class cropping ‘blue print’ for Twiga to replicate in other regions.
- Retaining good staff working relations and a high standard of Health and Safety.
- A bachelor’s degree from a recognized accredited university in Agricultural engineering or associated disciplines.
- A valid Kenya driving licence.
- A minimum of 10 years at Mechanisation and Engineering Managerial level, within the fresh produce industry with relevant experience in Kenya.