Twiga Foods Limited is looking for suitably qualified individuals to fill the role of a Fulfilment Representative. This role is responsible for maintaining a high level of customer loyalty, retention and net promoter score by providing a compelling, end-to-end customer service experience through the fulfilment process.
The role holder takes custody of conforming products from the warehouse on behalf of the customers on the assigned route, makes deliveries of products in good condition, on time and in full in adherence with the delivery manifest, receives and banks payments in keeping with company policy and will reconcile the day’s deliveries, cash, product, and assets position with the transaction data/records, and make good for any variance prior to signing off from the shift at the end of each day.
The Fulfilment Representative contributes to revenue growth by building a trusted relationship with customer, analyzing his/her business, cross-selling and upselling products and migrating the customer to Soko Yetu and cashless payments in line with the organizations objectives.
- Model Twiga values – Customer first, Own It, Be Good, Keep it Simple (COGS) with each interaction with the customer
- Build trusting relationships with customers. Keep the customers informed of and excited about their purchases with transit status updates and real-time communication until delivery
- Analyze the customers’ business, the purchasing behavior, drivers, needs, and unique perspectives. Seek to understand which products they routinely stock up in their business. Cross sell the products that the customer does not stock but will match their current portfolio and upsell products that will grow the customers’ business
- Continuously update your product knowledge, on new and existing SKUs within each category, new product launches, and daily promotions to drive assortment and achieve set targets
- Cultivate a digital mindset. Sell/reinforce the convenience and pros of digital migration and cashless payments e.g., commissions earned on selling airtime, access to loans and insurance, etc., on the Soko Yetu App
- Confirm that all orders have been delivered to the right customer. Build a specific, personalized post-purchase engagement. Address the customers’ concerns regarding Twiga’s products, Soko Yetu app and the overall customer experience
- Note any relevant information on the customer, competitor activity or required actions that need to be communicated to the line manager
- Verify the product and assets in the distribution trucks against the delivery manifest and accept custody of the same. Report any variance and/or non-conforming product to the line manager for verification prior to proceeding to trade
- Conduct the tools of trade checks and confirm compliance prior to proceeding to trade. Document and report any problems with the delivery truck within agreed SLA.
- Decide time and cost-effective routes as per the laid-out route plan depending on the customers exact locations and alternative routes to counter dynamic route-related issues like traffic or diversions.
- Document, verify and report accurate mileage at the start and end of the shift.
- Fulfil customers’ orders accurately and in a timely manner as per the delivery manifest in line with the customers expectation. Where customer expectations may not be met, for whatever reason, communicate with the customer and manage their expectations.
- Execute delivery of all ordered products in the assigned route
- Promptly record deliveries as they occur, ensuring payment is received in full and banking is done in compliance to stipulated maximum cash holding limits and maximum cash holding time period
- Deposit the collected payments to the respective company accounts, and account for all assigned assets Adhere to the food and safety regulations during transit and delivery of the orders. Offload and deliver items in a safe and secure manner to prevent damage, spoilage, or loss.
- Initiate the refund and returns process for products declined based on quality in conformance with the SOP
- Reconcile deliveries, cash, product, and assets assigned at the start of the shift with the days transaction data/records, and make good for any variance prior to signing off from the shift
- Safeguard and maintain assigned assets in good condition as per the set standards and present damaged assets to the line manager for report.
- Reconcile the assets dispatched versus those received upon return to the depot and make good for any variance prior to signing off from the shift.
- Utilize the issued assets to perform duties as per the company guidelines and work requirements
Market Insights and Reporting
- Report factors affecting last-mile order delivery and present recommended solutions
- Understand the competitive structure of your market within the allocated territory
- Present comprehensive, accurate and informative reports on organization systems as provide, to enable sound and timely decision making and actions
- Have a Certificate / Diploma / Post-secondary education qualification in Supply Chain Management, Business, Sales, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Have a valid certificate of good conduct.
- Have at least 2 years of relevant work experience in product delivery / warehouse operations in the fresh fruits and vegetables and FMCG industry.
- Have strong communication skills and be adept at customer service and multitasking.
- Have basic computer competency to write reports and perform basic data entry.
- Be an active listener, adaptable, resilient, and be coachable.
- Possesses demonstrable experience in building rapport and trust to develop long-term relationships, leading to commercial opportunities.
- Possess exceptional communication and networking skills with great collaboration skills and a strong independent work ethic.
- Can thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth, rapidly changing environment.
- Physically able to work on feet all day and lift goods occasionally.