The Alliance of Biodiversity International and the International Center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT) delivers research-based solutions that harness agricultural biodiversity and sustainably transform food systems to improve people’s lives. Alliance solutions address the global crises of malnutrition, climate change, biodiversity loss, and environmental degradation. ( https://alliancebioversityciat.org/ )
With novel partnerships, the Alliance generates evidence and mainstreams innovations to transform food systems and landscapes so that they sustain the planet, drive prosperity, and nourish people.
The Alliance a member of the CGIAR Consortium ( www.cgiar.org ) a global research partnership for a food-secure future.
Alliance is seeking to recruit a Finance Intern to provide support to the Finance Office. The student will gain experience in recording transactions, keeping financial records, reporting, legal document management and analyzing financial information. The position will be based in Nairobi, office.
- Support in processing payments vouchers and ensure proper support documents are attached.
- Assist in reviewing of supplier invoices for proper documentation.
- Assist in processing of travel advance requests vouchers and reviewing legalizations from staff.
- Support in reviewing reports for trial balance analysis.
- Support in timely reconciliation of month end bank balances between cash-books and banks statements.
- Assist in filling of accounting records for easy retrieval and offer support during audits
- Degree in Business Administration (Accounting/Finance option) or any relevant field. (3rd or 4th Year student will also be considered)
- CPA is an added advantage
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, but also participate as a team member in accomplishment of duties.
- Possess good analytical skills, good judgment and a high level of respect for confidentiality.
- Demonstrate high level of integrity.
- Ability to co-ordinate, prioritize and organize workload; take initiative and work under pressure.
- Good communication skills with a positive attitude and a good service orientation
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Commitment to CIAT’s mission and core values.
This is a nationally recruited position based in Nairobi, Kenya. The initial contract will be for period of three (3) months and is renewable depending on performance and availability of resources. Alliance offers a multicultural, collegial research environment with competitive salary and excellent benefits; we believe that the diversity of our staff contributes to excellence. Alliance is an equal opportunity employer and strives for staff diversity in gender and nationality.
Applicants are invited to visit https://www.bioversityinternational.org/jobs/ to get full details of the position and to submit their applications. Applications MUST include reference number Ref: 102522 Finance Intern as the position applied for. Application and CV should be saved as one document using the candidate’s last name, first name for ease of sorting.
Note: The Alliance does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. (application, interview meeting, processing or training). The Alliance also does not concern itself with information on applicants' bank accounts.