A company that runs an agricultural training and production farm (on three sites) with animals, crops, poultry and bees located in Nyandarua County. We seek to hire a proactive and results oriented Farm Manager who will be responsible for managing the farms operations and produce in order to meet the overall production targets, quality requirements and objectives of the Company.
- Inspects livestock, garden, poultry, orchard, training, hotel, manufacturing and other units on the farm and ensures any problems are corrected in time.
- Confers with and advises the Company Directors on problems and offers solutions and recommendations for improvement
- Requisitions equipment and materials that may be required
- Recruits and deploys casual workers and approves work schedules.
- Coordinates all work plans and programs
- Supervises land preparation, fertilizing, planting crops, cultivation, and harvesting
- Supervises farm product processing, marketing and ensures quality
- Maintains detailed records and submits reports on time
- Prepares estimates of requirements for farm management.
- Oversees the repair and maintenance of farm buildings and equipment.
- Maintains good relations with customers, visitors and the community
- Performs other related work as may be required
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Business or related qualification
- Three years’ experience in working in a similar farm.
- Demonstrated ability in managing staff and farm operations.
- Demonstrated ability to work without supervision and meet strict targets
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please send your CV with 3 referees and application letter with the job title as the email subject (Farm Manager) to [email protected]