EABL plc operates within a multi-cultural, multinational, multi-currency environment. EABL comprises four business units: KBL, EAML, UBL & Serengeti Breweries Ltd. KBL is further categorized into Demand and Supply. The Supply business is involved in production of beer, spirits & adult non-alcoholic drinks. The Demand business handles marketing and selling Eabl products to consumers.
About the function
Our Sales team love building relationships, connecting with customers to sell our much-loved brands in new and vibrant markets where they can thrive.
We’re operating across different markets, channels and areas of expertise. Using consumer insight and digital platforms, we reach new customers, markets and celebrations to help us achieve our growth potential. We’ll support you every step of your Sales career, as you work with people with diverse talents, backgrounds, and perspectives to realize your fullest potential.
About the role
The Commercial Performance Analyst will be responsible for collecting, compiling, and analyzing the performance for Emerging Channels, & related data and providing valuable and ground-breaking ways of running the order to cash process for this customer and crafting practical insights to assist in the governance of commercial planning process
- Leads the end-to-end order-to-cash process for which includes Billing, Collections and Cash.
- Defines and performs order creation to billing processes across all locations.
- Analyses collection processes and establishes best practices for all receivable types.
- Receiving Daily purchase plans and collating across the week and month to be able to plan for product availability and full supply of orders.
- Monitoring of accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Responsible for the ordering and purchase planning and general OTC processes
- Assisting with sales reporting and documentation
- Maintaining relevant EDI information and processing EDI errors
- Working closely with customers and internal departments to resolve order and/or inventory issues
- Generates and maintains confidential information and administer company policy and procedures
- Applies technical skills and line knowledge to complete assigned work within own work group/project team.
- Works toward and contributes to achievement of team/business unit goals.
- Solves problems within own work group/project team
- Reviews purchase plans and creating the orders by customer on SAP for the same.
- Defines the structure of any additional data sets required to complete analysis of a given business problem, collects and cleanses the data for analysis.
- Support with data quality assurance and data cleansing of existing data sets for analysis.
Performance Reporting & Management
- Engages with the divisional Commercial Performance Managers to identify issues affecting execution of BTL plan and updates for actioning by the Business Performance Manager
- On an ongoing and ad hoc bases report on and verifies daily, Weekly and monthly Key performance Indicators (KPI) are updated based on the customer marketing team needs
- Identifying and understanding performance trends, assessing performance against targets and highlighting opportunities
- Process and analyze large datasets, producing clear findings and recommendations
- Manage and book the calendar of the various stakeholders to execute the customer marketing routines
Dashboard Automation and Change Management
- Gathering and refining of requirements to build dashboards that address customer marketing team business needs.
- Develops, assesses and trains the team to navigate and generate insights from the dashboard developed.
- Develops a case on any additional enhancements that are not within the current system capabilities.
- User Acceptance Testing (UAT) on enhancement build in the existing systems (DMS, Trax, CPM, SDP).
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Economics, Finance, Statistics, computer science, programming; Master's in a similar business field is a plus.
- Advanced MS Excel and MS SQL skills
- +3 years’ experience in Business analytics, Finance or Sales role or related field
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to follow defined business processes.
- Ability to manage and monitor data quality.
- Stakeholder Management.
- Outstanding analytical, conceptual, research and quantitative skills.
- Ability to manage people’s performance, coaching and development of a multi-disciplined team.
- Proactive structured problem-solving skills.
- Above-average interpersonal skills.
- The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions.
- Performance monitoring and evaluation
- Market research, intelligence
- Business performance monitoring
- Business development
- Change management
- Sales management
- Basic financial awareness, understanding of commercial business performance drivers & budgeting processes.
- Proficient in use of standard business (MS Office), SAP/ERP systems, and Diageo packages.
- Experience working within the Performance Management structure of KPI’s and Tier Review Meeting Structure.
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is, in itself, inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive and for Diageo to realize its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution each person brings.
Our ambition is to create the best performing, most trusted and respected Consumer Products Company in the world. To achieve these, we need the world’s very best people.