CNFA is a not-for-profit international agricultural development organization headquartered in Washington, D.C. and dedicated to increasing rural incomes by empowering farmers and rural entrepreneurs. CNFA assists smallholders in increasing household-level food security and nutrition through improved agricultural practices, introduction of new varieties, diversification of crop production, food preservation and storage, development of farmer-based organizations, and strengthened linkages to markets. CNFA has a successful track record of implementing agricultural development programs in 47 countries.
CNFA is currently seeking applications from qualified candidates in the following areas for the USAID Kenya Feed the Future Agriculture Activity. This Activity will increase agriculture-led growth, resilience of people and systems, and the population’s nutritional status, especially among women and children. This Activity will facilitate the development of a competitive agricultural market system that is inclusive, resilient, and sustainable in the provision of goods and services demanded by actors. The approach for this activity will help identify and minimize the root causes of market failures that disadvantage and exclude the vulnerable, women, and youth. This Activity will also create incentives for market actors to invest in developing and sustaining productive relationships for the efficient delivery of goods and services and an improved enabling and regulatory environment for agricultural sector growth. This Activity provides USAID the opportunity to target solutions such as: build an inclusive and responsive financial system for rural individuals and SMEs; address the inefficiencies in the inputs distribution system; establish strong and transparent relationships between actors; among others.
CNFA is currently seeking applications for the following types of professionals with minimum 5 (five) years of experience in their respective technical or operational area of expertise to support this project. Please indicate the area(s) of expertise for which you would like to apply in your application:
- Business development services and capacity development, especially for SMEs
- Market systems development and private sector engagement, including public-private partnerships
- Household and market systems resilience
- Nutrition-sensitive agriculture
- Gender inclusion and women’s empowerment
- Positive youth development and economic inclusion
- Access to finance
- Enabling environment for economic growth
- Social and behavior change communication strategies
- Research, Monitoring and Evaluation, Analysis
- Writing and communications
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in respective sector or area of expertise;
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or higher is preferred;
- Experience working on USAID-funded development projects is preferred;
- Experience with the areas of expertise listed above in Kenya is highly preferred;
- Fluency in English and Swahili strongly preferred.