Twiga is a B2B e-commerce company that builds fair and reliable markets for agricultural producers, food manufacturers and retailers based on transparency and efficiency. Our Mission is to build a closed ecosystem for the African retail, anchored on affordable access to food and grocery across urban cities. Our Ambition is to leverage technology, the ubiquity of mobile phones, modern distribution and logistics to modernize African retail.
Analytics & Insights Manager Vacancy
The role holder will be responsible for providing solutions to analyse sophisticated business challenges using data as well as insights to inform key decisions and drive into actions. S/he will manage data-driven strategic support to respective departments and will lead a team of Business Intelligence Analysts in driving the impact and understanding of business performance reporting, supporting in developing departmental strategy, plans and targets, and providing data analytics and insights to improve departmental results.
Strategic Solution Development
- Own departmental KPI dashboards and data requests to provide the single source of truth to the management and respective departments.
- Prepare recommendations and strategic/tactical plans based on business data and insights.
- Lead efforts in improving data solutions for strategy alignment and user experience optimization/simplification.
- Support monthly, quarterly, annual planning activities for respective departments with data insights.
- Be able to bridge the gap between performance and forecast systemically, generating input-based actionable information.
- Lead business intelligence projects by leading a team of Business Intelligence Analysts, including development of reports, dashboards, and other strategic data solutions that help drive performance and results of respective departments. Help the team make key decisions, unblock the team, and guide the team on execution.
- Prioritize projects/requests to ensure relevance, quality, and timeliness of Analytics & Insights deliverables.
- Manage end-to-end development of strategic data solutions including data requirements gathering, documentations, quality assurance, and trainings.
- Propose and implement BI processes and best practices to ensure the creation of robust and scalable project management frameworks.
- Partner and maintain strong relationships with executives, senior managers, and their teams to understand departmental needs and contexts in data and insights and seek feedback.
- Build on and combine soft skills with analytical skills and use integrative thinking to convey data findings to drive actions with departments.
- Work closely with departments to ensure alignment on data-driven decision making.
- Work closely with departments to constantly explore new opportunities for business growth. Answer and anticipate critical business questions and opportunities and deliver data insights to the business in ways that make significant impacts.
Team & Self-Management
- Lead a team of highly motivated and competent individuals.
- Model Twiga’s culture and way of working and inculcating this within the team.
- Deliver the performance objectives. Participate in monthly 1-on-1 performance reviews with line manager, and institute corrective action where performance falls below expectation.
- Proactively manage own learning and development
- Adhere to the annual leave plan agreed with the line manager
- Adhere to people management polices
- Comply with all organization policies, procedures, and statutory guidelines. Minimize and mitigate risks to the organization and enforce zero-tolerance to non-compliance.
- Close gaps/lapses identified as an outcome of audits; risk and/or any other compliance review; investigations; or other assessment mechanisms and take corrective/preventive actions within the agreed timelines.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis with analytics techniques to solve defined business problems in a fast-paced organization.
- Experience with Fast Moving Consumer Goods, Retailer, or Ecommerce industry analytics.
- Proficiency in SQL querying. Experience in using BigQuery.
- Proficiency in Power BI and Data Studio.
- Familiarity with PowerApps and/or Flutter.
- Open to change and flexible in a fast-paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements.
- Self-motivated to work with diverse business scenarios, handling multiple priorities and have a business & consultancy mind-set, while technically (data) savvy.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills including the ability to deliver a clear story to influence agreement to your recommendations with data and insights.
- Passion about discovering new things and ability to learn quickly.